The Financial Institutions Branch Directory (FIBD) provides routing numbers and addresses for branches of all Canadian financial institutions.
Information in the FIBD is drawn from Payments Canada’s Financial Institutions File (FIF) database and is updated weekly, based on information received from members. The FIF is also available on a subscription basis. It offers enhanced functionality for frequent users and can be imported in a variety of business applications. For more information, please consult the FAQ on the FIF and routing numbers.
Tips for Using the FIBD
- For each branch, routing numbers are provided in two formats: one for electronic payments, and the other for MICR-encoded paper payment items.
- The Geographical List is organized by municipality. Use it to find the branch routing number when the location of the branch is known. Consult the Payments Canada Member List to confirm the name of the financial institution, if necessary.
- Use the Numeric List to find the branch address when the routing number is known.
Credit Unions and Caisses Populaires
- Credit Union/Caisse Populaire - Numeric List
- Credit Union/Caisse Populaire - Geographic List
Trust Companies, Loan Companies and Other Deposit-taking Institutions
- Trust Companies - Numeric List
- Trust Companies - Geographic List
Payments Canada web version of the Financial Institutions Branch Directory (“Branch Directory”) is provided on “as is” i and “as available” bases. Payments Canada has full intellectual property rights, including copyright, in the Branch Directory. Reproduction of the Branch Directory, in whole or in part, for sale or any other commercial purpose, without permission, is strictly prohibited.
While reasonable efforts have been made to provide accurate and up-to-date information, Payments Canada makes no representations or warranties, either expressly or impliedly, as to the content of the Branch Directory.